1. Make sure your pet has somewhere safe to be. Set up their crate or a doggy room in your house that your dog feels safe in.
2. Update all of your pet's contact info. Double check ID tags and microchip information in case they manage to escape.
3. Exercise! Exercise your pet before festivities begin so that they are tired and safely inside when fireworks begin.
4. Use food dispensing toys, edible bones, and other toys for your dog to occupy themselves with. This can help them keep their mind off of the loud noises and flashes.
5. Play music! Classical music is a helpful way to calm your pet and can also help muffle the sounds of fireworks.